We are one of London's leading orthopedic departments, with a wide range of specialist services, and are a member of the Specialist Orthopedic Alliance. We treat patients from the hospital’s catchment area of Southwark and Lambeth, as well as patients referred to us from across south east London, Kent and Sussex. We have specialist interests in:
- hip and knee replacements, including complex and revision joint replacements
- knee ligament reconstruction, including isolated anterior cruciate (ACL) reconstruction and multiple ligament injury
- surgery for young adult hip disorders, including hip arthroscopy and major pelvic osteotomy
- spinal surgery, including cervical spine (neck) surgery, and the treatment of metastatic disease and infection of the spine
- foot and ankle surgery, including ankle replacements, ankle arthroscopy and joint fusions in the foot and ankle
- shoulder and elbow surgery, including shoulder and elbow replacements and revision joint replacements, and shoulder and elbow arthroscopic techniques
- hand and wrist surgery, including wrist arthroscopy, hand and wrist joint replacements/fusions, scaphoid non union surgery, tendon transfers and rheumatoid hand surgery
- fractures and acute musculoskeletal injury, including the treatment of patients with pathological fractures of the long bones.
Orthopedics Centre Of Excellence
The Trust is pleased to announce a partnership with Johnson and Johnson that will enable the development of a new Orthopedics Centre of Excellence at Guy’s Hospital.