Harrison Wing pharmacy
Harrison Wing has delivered specialist care for people living with HIV since 1993, and currently looks after over 3500 individuals. We were previously based in the Lambeth Wing at St Thomas’ Hospital, but moved to our new home in the Southwark Wing at Guy’s Hospital in July 2017.
Over the past three decades since, progress in HIV treatment has been enormous and this is now a manageable long term condition. Our primary aim is to support people to live well with HIV.
Harrison Wing is for people who have already been diagnosed with HIV. If you would like a HIV test, please contact out sexual health service at Burrell Street.
Patients can self refer to our service, or can be referred via a GP or healthcare professional.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8.30am-6pm
We are closed on weekends and on bank holidays.
Specialist HIV services
We offer the following specialist services by appointment:
- antenatal clinic (with specialist midwife)
- dietetic services
- email clinic for patients with stable HIV
- emergency clinic (daily)
- hepatitis co-infection clinic for patients with hepatitis B and C co-infection
- HIV pharmacy clinic
- metabolic clinic
- neurocognitive clinic
- new fill clinic for facial lipoatrophy
- renal clinic for patients with HIV and kidney problems
- physiotherapy service
- treatment advice clinic for highly treatment experienced patients
- tuberculosis clinic
- women’s clinic
- young adult clinic for patients aged 18-25.
Health professionals available at the Harrison Wing
- clinical nurse specialists
- health advisors/counselors
- patient representative
Emotional and psychological support services
We offer a range of psychological support services and work closely with community services and voluntary organisations to provide holistic care and patient support.
- short-term counselling for newly-diagnosed HIV patients and their partners
- assessment and referral to the mental health team (including psychiatry and psychology services)
- referral to community based Clinical Nurse Specialists
- referral to voluntary support organisations
- support with risk-taking behaviour including drug use and chemsex.