Occupational therapy services
Occupational therapists work with patients who have functional, cognitive and psychological impairments and social care issues. Through evalution of daily occupations, we provide rehabilitation, education, support and advice, to help adults and children, to resume everyday activities after illness or injury.
Our occupational therapy team services work with inpatients and outpatients, adults and children, and provide:
- assessment and solutions for patients to carry out personal and domestic activities
- cognitive and perceptual assessment relating to functional tasks
- home assessments
- rehabilitation programmes
- education and support.
Our hand therapy service includes hand and upper limb treatments including splinting.
Our children’s services are managed at Evelina London Children’s Hospital.
We are involved in various adult's and children's research programmes to support development of the best possible treatments.
Our Elderly Care service includes complex assessment and management of falls and long term conditions for individuals over the age 65 in Southwark, Lambeth and South Westminster.
- Occupational therapy: 8.30am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday with seven day services to selected inpatient areas and operating extended.
- Hand therapy: 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday.