Mercy Northwest Arkansas announced plans to invest nearly a quarter-billion dollars on capital projects and equipment over the next five years.
The expansion in health care facilities and services comes with the creation of 1,000 new health care jobs.
Among expansion plans in the early stages are:
- A new patient tower that will take Mercy Hospital Northwest Arkansas from 200 beds to 300-plus beds. Construction will accommodate future inpatient growth, with the goal of a total of 360 beds.
- Addition of multiple primary care and specialty clinics in Benton County and north Washington County.
- Creation and recruitment of new health care jobs, including physicians, advanced practitioners, nurses and other health care co-workers.
- Enhancements to the hospital’s already robust areas of specialty care, including the heart and vascular center and women’s and children’s services.
- Establishment of a University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences community internal medicine residency program in partnership with the Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks in Fayetteville. The program will provide training to eight doctors the first year, growing to 24 doctors in three years.
|Name||Mercy Northwest Arkansas|
|Estimated Cost||$247 Million|
|Jobs||1000 New Jobs|
Source : mercy.net