1. Since the advent of LBN in 2003, how much has the diagnostic imaging changed? Is the machinery subject to frequent changes and updates?
There has been a significant technology development from 2001 to 2008, but thereafter minor technology changes in clinical niches like cardio and injectors.
2. You also provide used and refurbished ULS, MRI systems, X-Ray machines etc. How safe is it for a buyer to purchase second-hand equipment like this? Are there any precautionary measures taken before making the sale in order to meet the health and safety standards?
LBN trusted advisors help the customer in these cases, as the are different in different countries, though we deliver worldwide and help doctors with equipment with same functionality to significant less costs. LBN always test, document and make sure the systems are patient ready before carefully crating and shipping the equipment. For modalities like ultrasound and minor X-ray the doctor just plug in the system and start diagnosing, for the larger modalities LBN can assist in installation etc.
For training many doctors know the system in advance, as they have used it before so compared to new, the training and startup costs is significant lower as well.
3. As a reseller, how much of a difference are you making for your clients when it comes to price and cost efficiency? Is there a distinctive fall in the price when a hospital buys its equipment from you as opposed to buying it directly from a manufacturer?
The manufactures really don’t want to sell used equipment. By doing so they compete with their new sales, so normally LBN is the only provider of used, tested and refurbished equipment.
To make sure you get a short cash flow we test and repair all equipment, so it’s ready for patients. Many customers participate in a pre buying test via skype or onsite, so all expectations are confirmed before purchase.
If you are price and margin focused our equipment have payback time of 2-4 months and thereby easier financed. If you go for new you need higher finance, expensive service and a much more complex project.
4. While shipping your products to zones outside of Europe, how are the installation and other technical services provided in light of the geographical distance? Do you have corresponding technicians in these countries?
We have multiple options. For the minor modalities like ultra and X-rays CR/Mammo we have an effective sparepart department that quickly can provide replacements for broken parts, normally within 24 hours worldwide. In addition we have mobile technicians in middle east and a global network of partners, who on our behalf or directly can provide preventive maintenance and repairs.
And as our products are so cheap compared to new alternative hospitals tend to overbuy and have an extra in reserve. Moneywise this is cheaper than 6 month service program.
5. Hospitals have a remarkably different infrastructure today with modernized configuration for all their departments. How challenging is it for LBN to meet the changing demands of the medical industry?
The systems come from hospitals as their original source, so they have dicom interface to IT and patient database as well as other relevant configuration. When a hospital or clinic has a special demand, we have the ability to customize most systems as needed.
To know more about the company's offering and philosophy, please watch